WPG had SIX teams competing, and good competition was enjoyed by all. Here are the final results:
The Men’s and Women’s Novice Singles Competitions were held after our Pizza Night on August 15th, and there was some lovely competitive play. Ben Li won the Novice Men’s Singles, and Glen Peterson was the runner up. Heather Friesen won the Women’s Novice Singles, with Cherie Wong in second place and Anil Khan in third place. Congratulations to all competitors for some excellent games!
Frank Kaweski presented a short talk to over 20 members, covering the most pertinent aspects of Lawn Bowling Etiquette. Here are the main points:
- After greeting, there should be a coin flip (not a ‘kick of the bowl’!)
- Participants need to take out their assigned equipment
- The mat should be 1 metre past the bowls – move the mat rather than the bowls!
- Pay attention, and be ready to bowl
- Encourage others
- Walk up the centre of the green, and around the Head to the back
- Do not linger around the Head
- Rakes need to be placed so they’re ready top be lifted and carried out (don’t encroach onto neighbouring rinks!)
- When measuring both parties need to agree the result
- Stand still behind the Head
- Please be on time!